Church membership is a wonderful opportunity to grow in grace and serve God! If you are interested in officially making Aldersgate your church home, you will want to talk with our pastor, Rev. Alex Stevenson. He will help you consider the meaning of church membership and determine how you may join.
There are varied pathways to joining the church. They are as follows:
- Baptism – If you have not been baptized before, then you should be baptized. The United Methodist Church practices all modes of Baptism: sprinking, pouring or immersion. It is your choice.
- Profession of Faith – You publicly profess your faith before God and the congregation. This is for adults who have been baptized as children but have not been confirmed or joined a church as an adult. It is also for young people who have completed a Confirmation class.
- Reaffirmation – This is for baptized adults who are not currently members of a church. They may publicly reaffirm their faith.
- Transfer of Membership – You transfer your membership to Aldersgate United Methodist Church from another United Methodist congregation or another denomination.
- Affiliate Member – You come to Aldersgate United Methodist Church from another United Methodist Church where you desire to keep your full membership.
- Associate Member – You come to Aldersgate United Methodist Church from another denomination and desire to keep your full membership with that church.